Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jewelry Tutorials

I had the honor of being asked to do a craft demonstration at my local MOPs meeting.  On the agenda are three easy earring designs.We will create a dangle, a stacked and a joined earring.  Make sure you have your  pliers, wire, findings and come join in the fun cause I have made some video tutorials!

Eeeep!  Video tutorials?  I mean it seems a natural step.  Everyday for 10 years I got in front of a classroom of kids.  The most visited blog post of mine is Lil’s Barbie Birthday Cake (don’t quite know how to take that one).

So I had Jake create an impromptu mini tripod that he could man while I create these little demonstrations.  Did I mention I have a very patient husband?  Well, whilst creating the videos I became overly aware of every rustle , creak, and pause in my diatribe.  When I went back and watched… oh. my. goodness.  I could be the next movie feature for mystery science theatre.  Especially when I bug out my eyes!  Me:  “Lets Begin!”  Set Directions: Bug out eyes like crazy person.

Oh well.  For better or worse I am going to post. Humility is a good thing.  If you stick with my blog and I do more “helpful” tutorials, I will strive to at least keep my hands on the screen.

PS— High Def-you are a cruel, cruel mistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment