Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Black Bean Salsa

This is the easiest little dish I learned from my friend Melissa.  It is quick and easy and makes a nice amount to share with a crowd.  I love it and think that I am going to give a whirl sometime soon with my homemade salsa instead of the canned.  On a side note… It is so wonderful to have my homegrown tomatoes coming in!  Eat your heart out mealy hot house tomatoes!

2 cans of black beans  rinsed and drained014

1 can of corn  drained

1 cup of pre-made salsa

1 clove of garlic minced

1 red pepper chopped

1/2 cup of cilantro chopped

1 teaspoon cumin

1 tablespoon limejuice

3 spring onions  the white and green part

dash of salt

So easy and serve with your favorite type of tortilla chips

**If you want to add a little heat you could add:

Chopped jalapenos

Medium or Hot Salsa

Hot sauce

1 comment:

  1. This is a staple in my home and we put it on everything! I'm a cilantro freak and usually add handfuls and lot's of lime...yummy!
    thanks for sharing.

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete