I wanted and needed a way to display all of my earrings and I wanted it to be pretty. Time to call on Mr. Magillie. Jake really is such a good sport about all of my projects. I had admired some metal trees by this etsy seller but being a frugal I wanted to do it on the cheap. A little bit of a different look but still pleasing… I got my idea here.
You can make one too—it is easy!
- Locate a good tree branch on the ground or prune your trees a little. :)
- Get a piece of scrap wood for the base and make it a pretty shape. Sand and smooth as necessary.
- Drill a hole-roughly the size of the tree branch.
- Fit tree in the drilled hole. If you have extra space you can secure with wood glue or putty.
- Spray paint with color of your choice. ( I used with and then coated with a glitter layer of spray paint. I thought it had a nice winter (ie) feel.)
- Arrange earrings on your new display piece! So easy and pretty!!