It has been quite some time since my last post. What have we been up to you might ask—hey I said might. Here is a little run down…
- The cat disappears
- Swim lessons
- New septic —oh yeah fun times—I will leave that one alone
- Jake almost loses part of his ring finger—again… I will leave that one alone
- The cat returns…a month later!
- A trip to the OBX
- 2 month vaccinations for one child
- 4 year vaccinations for the other child—that trip was FULL of drama
- Leaving one preschool and joining another
- And a myriad of other things but this list making has reached an obnoxious level.
The good thing is we are slowly getting into a routine and Lillie
and I continue to cook and craft. Here is a blueberry cake we made with a few modifications. I think anything blueberry deserves a good crumb topping—and I am not talking the “healthy” kind with all those oats. Who needs oats when you can just have buttah! Oh yeah.
Need crumb topping ingredients—soooo easy!
- Sugar (brown or white)
- and Flour
I would play with proportions but roughly speaking a stick of butter cubed and mixed with pastry cutter (or just the back of a fork) into a cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of flour—but play around with proportions until you get consistency you like. It is always fun to zing it up with some cinnamon and nutmeg and if you must…rolled oats.